Thursday, April 12, 2018

Let's talk finances

Why am I daring to move out of a house and into a camper on the beach?

Well, for one thing, I will see a decrease of roughly half of my debt. I will also save myself around $330 per month on bills by moving into the desired RV park on the beach I want to call home. I'll break it down.

I owe $65K for my house.
I owe $22K for my car.
I owe $50K in student loans
I owe $5K for breaking my apartment rent in GA.
--------------------------------------------------------------
That equals roughly $142K in debt for all the crap I have. 

Now, let us look at the cost of living from this house vs the park.

House
$370-House payment
$200-Power can fluctuate from $70 to $400 depending on the weather.
$60-Wifi
$12-Netflix
$75-Gas can fluctuate from $50 to about $150 depending on the weather.
$25-Water
$457-Car
$239-Verizon phones
-------------------------------------------------------------------
$1,438 per month on bills for the house


Camper
$380-Lot Rent
$75-Power
$0-Wifi is free
$0-TV is free
$12-Netflix
$35-Propane tank for camper depending on how much it is used.
$0-Water is free
$457-Car
$150-T-Mobile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
$1,109


The camper living is cheaper by $329/month or $3,948/year.

That's a significant savings when added up like this.

After selling the house and paying off the GA debt, I will be only $72k in debt, or half of what I am right now.

Therefore, I am selling the house and hoping to buy a used camper with whatever I have left. I will move to where I felt at home. Get a job teaching there, and practice my life's lessons of work, play, rest, and repeat.

Thank you, for listening to me! I know there are some of you listening. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Peace and Love,

Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment