Sunday, April 15, 2018

Expenses

Do you ever stop and think about how much money is spent eating out with friends, family, or on the road?

My son and I can zip into a to go spot and spend anywhere from $6 to $20 on one meal. Now, how many times can I do that in a day? At one time when I was driving 60 miles to and from work daily, we would stop almost every evening for supper. Sometimes, we'd stop for breakfast as well. Ok, that would be roughly $20 to $35 per day on fast food all because I was too dang lazy to come home and make something.

Hmmm...

I'm not talking expensive places to eat. Although, there are people who will go out to more expensive places and spend $25-50 per meal for 2 people. They will do that one every night.

How many good for me groceries could I buy for that?

Well, I went to the grocery store yesterday for cheese, all-purpose flour, cherry drink, cheese sticks, blueberries, coffee, and lights for the bathroom. It was a few cents shy of $20. What if I had spent that $20 eating out? I wouldn't have light in the bathroom!

I mowed my own yard this week. What if I had paid the local mower in the neighborhood to mow the yard? He wanted to charge $45 last year just for my small front yard. I said no. I mowed it myself and saved some money!

Look around your house at things you have that maybe serve no purpose. They just kind of sit and collect dust. My last boyfriend, now an ex, collected these vinyl Pop figures. He has a TON of them or 1,300, which is a TON of them! I like Sesame Street. I grew up on it and have always dreamed of writing for the show! I started getting a Sesame Street Pop out and about when I'd be out with him. Then he started collecting those for me and now I have a whole set of big-headed, plastic dolls from Sesame Street! What am I supposed to do with these crazy things?!! It made him happy to collect these stupid things for me. I kind of like them, but kind of don't. When I sit here and look at them, they are kind of creepy! These things costed from about $5 to $25 each depending on where and when they were bought. At 12 of them being priced at say $15 each that equals $180 for that collection. That's a few weeks of groceries in my house!

These are Pops. Not my pops, but still sort of creepy. 

I have stacks of magazines and books. I was never a library kid because I could read faster than they could get new, interesting books. I have spent a lot of money on books. I refuse to even break down that expense! It would make me need more coffee and I am already on cup number 3. Let's just say, I believe in my next life, I will become a library buff!

Peace and Love,

Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment