Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Choices...

Farm or ocean? Which one should I pick?

Farm?
My son said it best with regards to a farm. 

"Mom, do you want to clean up poop every day?"

"Well," I said. "I don't think I'd have to clean it every day."

He shook his 13 year old head and said, "A farm means we gotta clean up shit, and if that's what you want, fine. Get me a shovel and here we go!"

He's right, if you think about it. I had a horse growing up and I remember clearly mucking her stall. It is a procedure that will either make you love or hate the horse that much more. I loved my horse. 

I've had rabbits and chickens as an adult. Cleaning their poop is another factor entirely! I have dug up all the poop to add as fertilizer to the garden. The garden loved it. It is back breaking work to dig up piles of poop to add to a garden. You shovel it from under or in the cages into a wheel barrow and haul it 50 feet to the garden. By the time I was finished, I think the distance had grown to at least a couple of miles! And that shovel was heavy! I smelled wonderful at the end of that day!

To think about the beach is a wonderful thought. It relaxes me. It simplifies me. It has me thinking about how I can learn to go to work and come home and relax. I ate supper with my brother this weekend and my son asked his uncle what he did in the evenings after work. He was told that after all the work things he has to do, he enjoys sitting down and listening to music or grilling or just talking with his wife. In other words, my brother doesn't really stress about things. He lives. He works and comes home to play. I could learn to live that way. My brother has simplified his life by moving out of a house and into a RV. He had to simplify down to the basics of what he truly wants and uses daily. He loves it! I admire him! 

To make either of my dreams come true, I will have to simplify things. I want to get my life down to the simple act of living. I want to go to work daily and come home to relax. Isn't that what our homes are for? Aren't we working so we can afford to relax and do the things we want to do with our money? 

I got this. I can do it. Now, let's pick a beach I want to be near, find a job there, sell the house, sell lots of stuff I don't use, and enjoy life just a little bit before I become an old fart! You can keep the poop shovel!

Peace and Love,

Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment