Friday, April 6, 2018

Goal -- Work, play, rest...repeat

What exactly is a goal? It's a dream put to reality.

I believe I had forgotten to set goals. I think I had forgotten about more things than just taking up breathing space in this world. You ever do that? I have been doing that for some time.

Recently, I have moved back to AL because I had a house here and thought it was possibly the right thing to do. It is not the right move for me. I need to be somewhere else. I need to be where the beach air soothes this soul of mine. So that's the BIG goal...live near enough to the beach I can visit it any time I want.

Big Goal - Live on beach

There are other goals that lead up to that goal.

I want to obtain employment in a college. I have a MS in Education, ELA. I have a BSW, as well. I believe I should be able to find a job doing something in a community college setting. I would enjoy that very much. There are a ton of community colleges in Florida. I have my sights set on a few of them.

Have you ever noticed how all of our stuff gathers? I have a ton of stuff! A ton!
This is actually a bit more organized than it was. I have books sorted and cloth crafts sorted. I know I don't need this many movies either:
but here they are! Do you have stacks of stuff? Boxes of things that you just know you will use one day? Psst...you are probably not going to use any of that crap in those boxes and it will sit there until you die when your kids will have to decide why you needed 5 boxes of craft stuff! I don't need 5 boxes of craft crap! I am sure someone is chomping at the bit for those boxes of crafts and they are more than welcome to them at a future yard sale!

That's not even including a shelf full of random crap:
Please note the beach sign in this picture. I will be taking it along with the ballet dancer with me. The rest of that crap has gotta go!

My son and I have plans to live on a beach in Florida in a camper. I don't believe a camper we can afford will hold 5 boxes of crafts for me to just horde for a while. It won't hold all the superfluous things we have just waiting to be used. It will only hold the stuff we use every day. That's fine by me! 

I need to breathe. While visiting with my brother at his camper the other day, I loved it. It was simple. It wasn't cluttered. It was not deprivation in any sort of fashion. That's what I want. I am pretty sure we are headed to the camper life because everyone I talk to LOVES it! They have no regrets. They do exactly what they want, when they want, and expect no flap from their neighbors. Sounds great to me.

I am moving towards my goal of living on the beach. I have many things with which to work towards that goal. I just need to get up off my ass and get busy.

Peace and Love,

Tela


2 comments:

  1. Tela, are you sure we aren't related? I love my life in the RV. I meet fascinating people who make no demands of me. I get to see new and exciting places, or relaxing places. I have never looked back. M Hillsman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I will enjoy this lifestyle. I just have to get to the point of being able to do it and be stable with it.

      Delete