Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seeking a new job at a university! I need a change!

Just like chocolate cake, something good is on the way.

There is change brewing. I can feel it. It's like sand between my toes. I can squish my toes in it. It's comforting almost. I need a change. My family needs a change. I've realized that a couple of things really were like a dose of bad luck to my life. I'm shaking like a dog to get those things off!

I have decided I want a job in a college. I have the degrees to get one, so why should I wait? I should be able to get a good job! Here's my credentials in case you would like to know and possibly offer me a job! That would be awesome! All offers will be considered not matter where the location! :)



Tela Wallen



Objective I want a job in a university so I can help students achieve their academic goals for life.

EducationMasters in Secondary Education , English Language Arts

April 2004

Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, Alabama

Class A Alabama Teaching Certificate

Language Arts Grades 6-12

Bachelor of Social Work

Minor in Criminal Justice

April 1996

Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, Alabama

Employment Experience
2010 - Present Writer 2009 - 2010 Golden Living Center Boaz ~Social Service Director

2006/2007 School Year Douglas High School, Alabama
~Teaching Advanced 9th English, Advanced 11th English, and 11th English according to the Alabama Course of Study.
~Wrote a grant that was accepted for classroom set of dictionaries

2005/2006 school year in maternity absence Albertville High School, Alabama
~Teaching 9th and 10th grade English according to the Alabama Course of Study
~Preparing students for all tests including the Alabama High School Graduation Exam and Writing Assessment

Summer 2005 Albertville High School, Alabama
~English/Language and Reading preparation for Graduation Exam

2004/2005 school year Cleveland High School, Alabama
~English and Computer Science Teacher
~Teaching 11th and 12th grade English according to the Alabama Course of Study
~Teaching 10th grade Computer Science according to Objectives
 

Fall Semester, 2004 Snead State Community College
~Adjunct Professor of English 251, American Literature Online Course

June 2004 to August 2004 Sylvan Learning Center, Boaz, Alabama
~Reading Teacher

2002-2004 K· B Toy Outlet, Boaz, Alabama
~Helped to ensure customer satisfaction

2001-2002 Gadsden Treatment Center
~Addictions Counselor
~HIV/Hepatitis C Instructor
~Sexual Harassment Coordinator

1997-1998 Hope Place, Inc., Marshall County
~Counseled battered women and children

1996-1997 Home Place, Inc. Marshall County
~Case Manager/Acting Director

Writing Experience
Paint World Trilogy
Three Young Adult novels published with Amazon Ebooks

Ambition Rewarded
Women’s Fiction novel published with Amazon Ebooks

Gabriel
~An inspirational article on my son’s stroke and seizure challenges within my family. Printed in the July 2007 edition of Sand Mountain Living

Gardening Salvation
~An article about how gardening inspires a family. Sand Mountain Living May 2007

Soul Searchers
~One Act play produced at JSU, March 12, 2003

The Blue Bird
~Poem published in an American Anthology

No comments:

Post a Comment