Saturday, March 2, 2013

Have a Cup of Joe

Sometimes the best thing we can do is sit back and have another cup of coffee. I've had to do that recently. Things change in our lives whether we want them to or not. We can either be a part of it, actively; or, we can be dragged kicking and screaming. Personally, I think I do better to sit back and process the whole thing in order to find the best way to proceed... oh, and have that 2nd, (well, it's really about the 4th) cup of coffee.

In the past few months I have finally had the issue of my abusive ex visitation rights settled. I won. He signed the papers that dissolved his rights. No one who can hurt children, adults, and animals as he did should be allowed to continue that hurt. Case closed.

I've stepped back and really looked at my writing and here is where it stands. I love to write poetry. I've been writing poetry from the time I could write. At my parents' house you can find any number of my earlier poems when looking through old stuff. So, I am very actively sending off poetry to card companies. It also makes me a bit like Steven Tyler said one time about writing lyrics, "I'm in lyric land, or hell." :) I have also decided to concentrate fully on my young adult novel series, Paint World. I am pulling them today from Amazon in order to edit them further, create new covers for them, and pursue an agent and publisher for them. I am currently working on the next installment for Paint World. If you're an author you will understand when I say this: Paint World keeps calling to me. I believe in it and I am choosing to put more energy into it. I'll keep you posted on Paint World and it's latest and greatest events! I'm looking for big things!

Happy Reading!
Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment