Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ramblings and Wanderings about Friends

I think I will just ramble and wander around some topics today. Y'all just hang on.

I visited with a dear friend of mine from school today and it was as if no time has passed between us. I wonder how many people just naturally move forward in that manner as though time stood still. To say I've missed this friend is true. I have. I always got along much better with the people in the classes above my own; and, when this class graduated I felt alone. My very bestest friends had already graduated and moved on to college. Thank you, my friend, for a wonderful visit. I look forward to more family get togethers in the future. You are part of my family and I look forward to it.

As I was talking to this person they shared some important insights into myself that I haven't thought of before. Ironically, I had told my own son this very trait, but had never thought about it for myself. Their kid and mine were all too happy to play together and it goes to show that when kids are raised right they are happy to play with anyone. All 3 of the boys were different ages, but they all got along perfectly, pulling out video games, checkers, and chess as well as enjoying some sparing in the martial arts they each know. I enjoyed looking at pictures of their family and catching up as well as recollecting old times.

People need each other. We need to reach out to others more than even most of us do. We need to be willing to ask for help sometimes when we are overwhelmed by life; and, realize this is not an admission of weakness. It doesn't take money either to reach out to people. I know lots of people who are perfectly happy just to receive a moment of my time to listen to them. Think about your own children. They never smile more than when you are playing with them. In talking to my friend's son today he was all too proud to tell me about playing board games with his parents and spending time doing things with them. He was proud of that closeness. Most people are happy with time much more than material things. That's what is remembered about us, the time we give to people.

Now, go find you a good book and curl up to it and read it aloud to someone in your house. I'm sure they will love it!

Have a great night.
Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment