Friday, March 30, 2018

Possibilities

This is my pathway. What will I do with it?

I can do anything I like to do; anything I feel led to do. I WILL have my farm! How will I do it? How will I pay for it? What will I produce as a money thing or will it just be a hobby farm? Hmmm...

Some ideas:

I might raise rabbits and sheep for the yarn of them. Yes, I have eaten both lamb as well as rabbit. I have even had to butcher my own rabbit. I did NOT enjoy doing so. Therefore, I do not wish to raise anything for the food of it, in that manner of speaking. Yes, I will eat the eggs from my chickens; but, I don't want to eat the animals. I prefer to see them grow old and happy on my wee farm. I DO enjoy posh yarns and I know the expense of those yarns at the yarn shops I like to visit. I think I could do that pretty easily. I know I won't make much, but if I can just make enough to live off of with my farm that would be fantastic!

My farm has to have fruit. Fruit, freshly grown, is so very wonderful! It is amazing to pick a cantaloupe and disappear with a knife into a grassy part of the yard to do nothing but eat it and enjoy the sounds of the animals and bees around me. I think I can grow enough to take some to market. That would be rewarding to know others are enjoying my hard work. I had an orchard as a child. I remember picking apples, peaches, and cherries in this wonderful little place. It was brilliant! To think of the difference in the taste of one I have picked myself vs one I have bought at the grocery store is indescribable! You will have to come get one of my fruits after I grow it!

There are a few stellar things to grow but it takes a bit of time management to get it just right. I will have to keep excellent records. Maybe I can do that as well, and it would be more of a cash crop. I will keep you posted on that one!

I am sure some of you are laughing at the thought of a single mom starting a farm of her own. Laugh. I don't really care. I have to do what's right for me. Having a farm is right for me. It will be the best thing I can do for me because it will get me outside in the fresh air with animals, trees, and work that I am not sure can be qualified as work if it is for my body and soul. Can it? Is that work? I am not sure but what it is just my personal form of yoga to hoe in the garden and in the trees and take care of animals that make me smile with their soft sounds and gentle kisses. Some might even call it joy.

Peace and Love,

Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment