Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I want cookies today!


Why are we in a society where churching is frowned upon? I know perfectly good people who do not attend church. I have been there! I have been asked to leave churches due to misunderstandings. Still, God knocks on my head and says, "Get up and go to my church! You've got to help people; and, I can help you with this mission." I listen now and get up and go. I get my son up from his slumber and tell him to get dressed. We meet up at my boyfriend's house and climb in the car with the family and head to church.

I go to church every Sunday. I take my son and go with my boyfriend and his family to church at 9 AM. We have an early service because our preacher has to divide her time between our church and a sister church. After the 9 o'clock service we have Sunday school, complete with snacks. Our church is not fancy. We have a fireplace in the room where we have Sunday school. It is beautiful! God was smiling at it being so pretty this past Sunday when we used it. 

I attend a tiny little church. Usual attendance is around 12-15 people, including the preacher. My family tells me that they used to have a much larger congregation until they were assigned a female preacher. Half the people left our church. Then the next season, the church received another female preacher and the congregation was again divided with half of them leaving to attend a church pastored by a man. I am pretty sure that God speaks to men and women; therefore, what difference should it make whether we have a male or female as our preacher. Do you think God looks down and says, "Nope! Not talking to that person today. It's a FEMALE! I made her, but I refuse to talk with her. She sucks at speaking for me. Where's a man I can talk to?" I don't imagine God doing that. I think if he wants a message sent by his messenger, he will use whoever is available. 

I want peanut butter cookies! I have been kicking the sugar thing for lent and I have gone a whole month today with no table sugar! Woo hoo! But I really want some peanut butter cookies, the cookies I like to make. Ohhhh, I have to fight this one down! No one needs to put a cookie in front of me today! No stopping at my Subway today where the manager looks at me and tells me, "My cookies miss you," when I skip the evil things! Ohhhhhhh!!!! It will be fine. The desire for cookies will pass. I just have to keep on keeping at it! Too much diabetes in my family gene pool to go back now. I have to keep on keeping on with the no sugar or I won't make it to 110 years old.

Peace and Love my friends!

Tela


No comments:

Post a Comment